Monday, March 30, 2015

The Last Dinner: A Short Film



8/10

This morning, I was contacted by a writer/director named Steve Lanthripp to watch his short film called "The Last Dinner." I had never heard about the clip before and had no pre-judgement about how it would be. In the end, I was completely shocked by it for its morbid sense of humor.

The video starts with a man named Johnathan breaking up with his girlfriend Tina. Tina immediately demands an explanation from him, and he gives the whole "you're not the same person you were when I met you, because you were full of life then" story. The girl becomes very mad and asks if there is someone else.  What is revealed in the next few minutes was a twist shocking enough to make one's head spin.

The short was all around great, with awesome acting, great writing, impressive editing, and an amazing sense of macabre humor. I honestly didn't know how to react the first time I watched the movie, but on the second viewing it sinked in, and I laughed very hard. It had the feel of "Creepshow" and "Tales of the Crypt," in the way that you get a whole bunch of meaning out of one small clip. I honestly would love to see it be put in a compilation of clips, because it would do very well. I can't wait to see more work by Lanthripp, because his skills are quite plentiful, and I see a bright future ahead for him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment