Thursday, June 4, 2015

Creepshow Revisited


The first time I watched "Creepshow" my mind was blown by the awesome stories. They were tales that would make you laugh and shudder at the same time. I honestly thought this was one of the most entertaining films in the genre. In this second viewing, I enjoyed the movie even more, with the jokes being clearer, and the plots sitting better with me. I honestly feel like this film is going to be one that grows my opinion each time, because it has so many little elements to it that need multiple times to find. I think that the thing that still really stuck out to me though was the effects. Whether it was the colorful comic book banners, or Tom Savini's perfect makeup, everything was as impressive as it could be, and really helped the film stand out in the genre. I highly recommend watching this movie if you haven't before, because it is a treasure of horror cinema, and it is one good time. 

My current listing for best to worst "Creepshow" stories:

1. The Crate
2. Something to Tide You Over
3. Father's Day(my former least favorite
4. The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill
5. They're Creeping Up On You

No comments:

Post a Comment