Wednesday, November 12, 2014

An Upcoming Slasher Film That Could Be Amazing or Awful


Recently I have done some reading on upcoming films in the next year or so.  I've seen rumors of Ghostbusters, Star Wars(official), Avengers, etc.  The film that has struck me though is a new "Friday the 13th" film.  It is reportedly going to be released next year in November.  I have not watched the 2009 reboot yet, but I still look forward to this release, and hope to see it in theaters.  I'm not a fan of many horror films after the 90's, but I will make exceptions for these films, because the series is so fantastic.  One of the things that gives me faith for it is the fact that Paramount is making this film, and this is the company that did the original eight.  The only thing that worries me about this film is the fact that it's possibly going to be made in 'found footage,'(the method used for Blair Witch Project).  This can be cool, but I don't know completely, because I really like the basic filming of the old movies. I feel this will pigeonhole the film into looking like a cheesy documentary.  Either way, I feel this can be a really awesome release, and I look forward to it greatly.  What do you guys think?

References

http://screenrant.com/friday-13-movie-release-date-2015/

No comments:

Post a Comment