Saturday, November 8, 2014

Heed My Warning Music Video Review


3/10

At the request of a member of one of my Facebook Groups on Friday the 13th, I decided I would watch and review the music video the song "Heed My Warning" by First Jason.  I went in with high hopes, and I really wanted to see Ari Lehman do something neat.  Sadly, I found this to be a pretty pathetic effort, being it was a really obnoxious song, and the video itself was pretty dumb.  There were a few things I could give props to though.  The first being the appearance of masked Jason.  I thought he looked really great.  Good size, good walk, good mask, etc.  Another prop is that some of the kills were pretty decent.  But when I look at this creation as a whole, I definitely couldn't bother to recommend it to anyone. The song was very cheesy and monotonous, and the vocals were frankly awful.  I understand this video was made to be a spoof, but I just wish it could've been somewhat funny. It really struck me as bland, forced, and in bad taste.  Ari Lehman did a great job in the brief scene that he portrayed young Jason in the original movie, but I find it kind of sad that he's milking that great moment he had by releasing trash like this.  The much better bet is to watch his scene on YouTube or something if you really have the dire need to watch something with him. 

I would like to finish this by saying that my reviews are not always going to be positive, but I hope all readers of this blog know that I will take any recommendation with an open mind. I would be more than happy to check something out that you find cool.  If I don't agree on something, then please don't be offended. I will try my best to review the work respectfully while still getting the point of my dislike toward it out there.  But always feel free to make a comment with any recommendations, and I will check it out as soon as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment