Monday, February 2, 2015

A New Trend That May Puzzle Carpenter Fans Abroad....



While this article isn't directly related to horror, it is about one of the greatest directors in horror history John Carpenter, so I thought I would share it with you...

Today I was in my movie club, and I was talking to my Co-President about movies to watch in the future. I happened to bring up the films of John Carpenter, and we both agreed on "Halloween."  After this, I wanted to bring something different up for a second one, and I said "Escape From New York."  My friend was very pleased by this, and he then told me something that surprised me a lot.  This thing I was told was that Emily Blunt may possibly take the role of "Snake Plissken" in a reboot to the movie.  While this isn't finalized yet, I wanted to see what the reaction you all have to this, because it is definitely a controversial thing that is going around.  Even though many people like the idea, I personally don't for several reasons. 

The first off is, I just don't want another film in the series.  The first one was masterful, and one of my favorite movies ever, but the second one was only mediocre. I really don't want the series to be ashamed anymore. 

The second reason I have is, that while female protagonists are great in action films, I really can't see anyone but Kurt Russell playing this role.  If they really feel that they have to make the film over again, then they should use someone that is at least close. Emily Blunt is full of talent, and very capable of a role in this nature, but she can not take this name, because it makes no logical sense. I really feel that the fact that they're possibly doing this, and definitely doing this with "Ghostbusters 3" is extremely obnoxious, because they're taking characters we learned to grow and love, and changing them completely.  

What do you all think?

References
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/02/02/is-emily-blunt-up-for-the-role-of-snake-plissken-in-escape-from-ny-reboot-2640531?lt_source=external,manual

Image 
http://www.nerdist.com/2015/01/the-escape-from-new-york-reboot-is-a-go-at-fox/

No comments:

Post a Comment