Sunday, February 8, 2015

Some Friday The 13th Disputes I Would Like To Offer My Opinion To.....



As you all know, "Friday the 13th" is one of my favorite horror series ever.  There are many arguments that have come about revolving around the quality of certain films in the franchise, and I would like to say some words about them. 

1. The opinion I've heard- Parts 5 and 9 have little to no scenes with Jason, so they automatically suck.
     My opinion- I don't see the lack of the character as anything of a problem to the films. What many people forget when they say this kind of stuff is that Jason isn't even the villain of the original, yet they'll praise this film like its the greatest thing ever.  While I love part one a lot, I don't see how it is any better than part 5.  I think that the fact that Jason wasn't in these three movies makes a neatness to the series, because it saves us from being bored by the same plot every time.  I also thought that this made a lot of mystery and surprise for the plot, which made me more engaged.  Part 5 was exceptionally significant, because most of the movie I thought Jason was the killer, but then it was found out that he was a copycat killer.  Part 9 was very fresh too, because instead of even having a human villain, the worms were the bad guys, and they caused the people to go after each other.  Even with this, there is still a good twenty minutes with Jason.  So while I respect the argument that people have, I think they really need to open their eyes to the fact that the idea of a different killer wasn't limited to these movies, and it really wasn't as bad as they make it seem. 

2.  The opinion I've heard- "Jason Takes Manhattan" and "Jason Goes To Hell" are the worst films of the series.
     My opinion- While neither of these movies are the greatest installments I have seen, they are both very consistent additions, and they're extremely fun. There are great scenes of gore, likable casts, and great scenes with Jason.  In "Jason Takes," I find the boat setting and the scenes in Manhattan to be very fun, because it's not just another camp movie.  In "Jason Goes to Hell," the cinematography and horror scenes were so well done, and they made it one of the most outrageous part of the series.  In my eyes, the worst movies of the series were "Jason Lives," and "Jason X."  While both had one or two cool scenes, they were both dry, low quality pieces of crap that I had trouble even watching.  "Jason Lives" was way too comedic for its own good, and it made the movie too corny.  "Jason X" had the worst acting or the entire series, and the filming looked terrible.  Neither movies had the spark that made the others fun, and I feel ashamed for even watching them. 

Overall, I did this because I thought that good discussion could come about from it.  These constant arguments have really bugged me, because I never agree, so I thought it would be nice to give an in depth reasoning for my thought process.  Please speak your opinions, because it will add to the fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment